Price: 30 day Free Trial, then $15 – $799/month depending on which plan you want
Hey guys! Here is my review of GetResponse. Let me first start off by saying that if you have questions about email marketing and are not sure if you should use it, learn more about it here!
What is GetResponse?
GetResponse is an email marketing platform that can really help you with your email marketing campaigns so you can increase your sales and leads with your online business. In this review I am going to show you what GetResponse offers and how it compares to other email marketing platforms (like MailChimp for example).
If you are wanting to create an online business so you can work from home and have more time with your family, then GetResponse can help. However, you need a website first if you want to be even remotely successful.
Pros and Cons of GetResponse
- Cheaper than most competitors, and has more functionality
- Its reporting and split testing features are very strong
- You can preview smartphone versions of your emails
- Good landing page creator
- Free 30 day trial where you can try out all the features
- Support is pretty good
- The templates are a little old
- The pricing structure is confusing
- The interface needs to be updated
GetResponse Features and Training
GetResponse has some of the most comprehensive features than anyone else. Here is a breakdown of some of them…
Autoresponders are e-newsletters that are sent to your subscribers automatically, and you can set it up for them to be sent out whenever you want. You can set it up so that after someone signs up for your mailing list, they receive a welcome message. Then a week later they could receive a discount offer for some of your products or services, or you can send them your latest post to get traffic to your website. Setting this up automatically makes it WAY easier to promote your business.
I haven’t seen any complaints about their autoresponder functionality, and it is very easy to use.
GetResponse offers some awesome analytics and reporting options with Email Intellegence. You get to see your subscribers open rate, click-through rate, unsubscribe rates, etc. Here is a breakdown of some of the analytics…
- One-Click Segmentation – You can see which leads did not engage with an e-newsletter you sent, and you can send them a different version of the e-newsletter.
- Metrics Over Time – You can find out exactly when (time and day) your subscribers engage with your emails, and decide when would be the best time to send out your future emails.
- Email ROI – This helps you find out how effectively (or ineffectively) your email campaigns are at getting sales.
A/B Split Testing
GetResponse has a very comprehensive split testing feature. You can split test up to five different messages, which is more than their competitors (Aweber, MailChimp, etc.). With their split testing you can test, analyze, and optimize anything on your message (subject line, CTA, from field, etc.).
GetResponse E-Newsletter Templates
In my opinion, I think the GetResponse templates are outdated and not as good as Aweber or Mailchimp. However, they are very customizable because you can change the font, layout, and images, and there are a lot to choose from. You can also import a template that you created.
GetResponse also has Responsive Email Design function, which automatically adjusts your e-newsletter’s template if a user is reading it on a smartphone, and it looks very good.
You can create landing pages with over 100 templates to choose from. However, in order to get the full version you have to pay the additional $15 per month since the free version is only for 30 days.
With a landing page creator you can generate more leads. It is an online advertising campaign that leads people to a squeeze page (containing links to your products) instead of your website, because your website can seem overwhelming sometimes.
With GetResponse you can create webinars and up to 500 subscribers can join in ($165/month). There are other programs (like GoToMeeting or Webex) that probably have more advanced features, but it’s a very useful feature to have in promoting a business.
How Much Does GetResponse Cost?
GetResponse has a 30-day free trial that gives you access to everything they offer so you can try it out. You do not have to put in any payment information for the free trial, which is great.
The GetResponse pricing structure is actually really complicated. There are 3 main types of plans – “Email”, “Pro” and “Max.” Within each of these plans, there are 7 additional plans you can choose from (all of them are based on the size of your list). So there are really 21 different plans to pick from, and here they are.
- $15/month for up to 1,000 subscribers
- $25/month for up to 2,500 subscribers
- $45/month for up to 5,000 subscribers
- $65/month for up to 10,000 subscribers
- $145/month for up to 25,000 subscribers
- $250/month for up to 50,000 subscribers
- $450/month for up to 100,000 subscribers
- $49/month for up to 5,000 subscribers
- $75/month for up to 10,000 subscribers
- $165/month for up to 25,000 subscribers
- $280/month for up to 50,000 subscribers
- $490/month for up to 100,000 subscribers
- $165/month for up to 10,000 subscribers
- $255/month for up to 25,000 subscribers
- $370/month for up to 50,000 subscribers
- $580/month for up to 100,000 subscribers
There is also an Enterprise Plan for people whose lists exceed 100,000 subscribers. That plan starts at $799/month.
The Difference Between The Plans
All three GetResponse plans have a lot of differences, but they all cover the important basics. Here are the differences that are the most important…
- In order to get the landing pages that allow split testing and unlimited views, you have to get the Pro Plan or higher
- Webinars are not available on the Email Plan. Only 100 people can see the webinar on the Pro Plan, 500 on the Max Plan, and 1000 on the Enterprise Plan.
Compared to other email marketing systems, GetResponse is a little cheaper when it comes to the Email Plan. However, you can have MailChimp completely for free until you hit 1,000 subscribers. I really do not like their pricing structure, some people will end up paying more for full functionality.
GetResponse has pretty good support. They offer phone support (9am-5pm EST), email support, and live chat support that is availabel 24/7. There are also some tutorials in the support area to help you. However, it does take a day or two to hear back from them after you submit a support ticket.
GeResponse is a GREAT way to help increase your leads and ultimately generate more sales (much better than Aweber in my opinion). I use MailChimp for my email marketing and I love it!
If you are looking to create an online business so that you can use GetResponse to promote it and make money, you need help creating a website. I created my site with help from the amazing people at Wealthy Affiliate. ANYONE can create a business online, you just need to find the right training and help. Wealthy Affiliate gives you access to EVERYTHING you will need to be successful, so go check it out. You will not regret it!
If you have any questions or have had experience with GetResponse, please leave a comment below!